xpra icon
Bug tracker and wiki

Custom Query (2329 matches)

Filters
 
Or
 
  
 
Columns

Show under each result:


Results (10 - 12 of 2329)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Ticket Resolution Summary Owner Reporter
#2588 fixed Error importing avcodec2 decoder (dec_avcodec2) Antoine Martin stdedos
Description

Xpra-Python3-x86_64_4.0-r25205 Win 10

"Xpra-Python3-x86_64_4.0-r25205\xpra_cmd" shadow ssh://user@ip/0  --opengl=no --desktop-scaling=0.75 --min-speed=70 --webcam=no --speaker=off --microphone=off --pulseaudio=no --exit-with-client=no

2020-02-11 21:12:38,843 Xpra GTK3 client version 4.0-r25205 64-bit
2020-02-11 21:12:38,847  running on Microsoft Windows 10
2020-02-11 21:12:40,664 GStreamer version 1.16.2 for Python 3.8.1 64-bit
2020-02-11 21:12:41,343 Error importing avcodec2 decoder (dec_avcodec2)
2020-02-11 21:12:41,343  DLL load failed while importing decoder: The specified module could not be found.
2020-02-11 21:12:41,383 keyboard layout code 0x409
2020-02-11 21:12:41,383 identified as 'United States - English' : us
xpra initialization error:
 connection failed: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

I am seriously wondering what could possibly be to blame ....

I started having portable xpra / conf-on-cmd-line approach, so as to not hit any weird stuff :/

I have to downgrade all the way to Xpra-Python3-x86_64_4.0-r24762 to work :/

#2586 fixed re-enable systemd-run by default Antoine Martin Antoine Martin
Description

Following ticket:2585#comment:1 : in "auto" mode we now test it before trying to use it, so it should be safe to enable everywhere.

See also: #1105, #2042, #1536.

#2585 fixed Systemd cgroups ticket back at it again Tmanok Tmanok
Description

Hello XPRA Devs,

You all make a most excellent application, I use it daily as of this past month and used to use it long ago. There was a bug that plagued XPRA for about 2 years it seemed and it related to systemd changes. This month I have noticed this problem on every fresh install (from your APT repository) on over 10 devices just this week alone. My platforms are Ubuntu, Debian, LinuxMint, (and HeliumBL actually). My installation process is simple:

  1. sudo apt update ; sudo apt install apt-transport-https
  2. wget -q https://xpra.org/gpg.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
  3. sudo add-apt-repository "deb https://xpra.org/ bionic main"
  4. sudo apt update ; sudo apt install xpra
  5. xpra --version

(Should be 3.0.5 or greater in 2020.)

  1. xpra start :100 --start=/usr/bin/firefox

But then this happens:

using systemd-run to wrap 'start' server command
'systemd-run' '--description' 'xpra-start' '--scope' '--user' 'python3' '/usr/bin/xpra' 'start' '--start=/usr/bin/firefox' '--systemd-run=no'
Job for run-rfff30b9e85394e8198e446d53091aa64.scope failed.
See "systemctl status run-rfff30b9e85394e8198e446d53091aa64.scope" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
  1. journalctl -xe
    -- Unit xpra.socket has finished starting up.
    -- 
    -- The start-up result is RESULT.
    Feb 10 13:56:36 MintyCraptop sudo[7753]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
    Feb 10 13:57:18 MintyCraptop dbus-daemon[646]: Unknown group "power" in message bus configuration file
    Feb 10 13:57:18 MintyCraptop dbus-daemon[646]: Unknown username "whoopsie" in message bus configuration file
    Feb 10 13:57:18 MintyCraptop dbus-daemon[646]: [system] Reloaded configuration
    Feb 10 13:57:19 MintyCraptop sudo[7497]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
    Feb 10 13:57:45 MintyCraptop polkitd(authority=local)[675]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:8190:9116487 (system bus name :1.1871 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 5 --fallback
    Feb 10 13:57:45 MintyCraptop systemd[1442]: run-rfff30b9e85394e8198e446d53091aa64.scope: Failed to add PIDs to scope's control group: Permission denied
    Feb 10 13:57:45 MintyCraptop systemd[1442]: run-rfff30b9e85394e8198e446d53091aa64.scope: Failed with result 'resources'.
    Feb 10 13:57:45 MintyCraptop systemd[1442]: Failed to start xpra-start.
    -- Subject: Unit UNIT has failed
    -- Defined-By: systemd
    -- Support: http://www.ubuntu.com/support
    -- 
    -- Unit UNIT has failed.
    

So how do I resolve it? First I make sure that firefox or whatever the initial program is, isn't running (though it would be nice if this didn't have to happen).

ps aux | grep firefox
technic+  8327  0.0  0.0  14428  1012 pts/1    S+   14:10   0:00 grep --color=auto firefox

If that doesn't prove to yield anything as shown above, I then borrow the following information I found in a previous systemd ticket on GitHub and apply the "fix", though this is most certainly not from my understanding a very good solution and should only be done to personal machine and not within production environments...

#!/bin/bash

set -euo pipefail

file=/sys/fs/cgroup/user.slice/user-$(id -u).slice/cgroup.procs

sudo chown $(whoami):root $file
sudo chmod g+w            $file

Thanks, let me know if there's a missing dependency or something you want me to test though I really feel like this is an XPRA bug as many of the systems I've tried this on were fresh installations and still encountered this bug.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Note: See TracQuery for help on using queries.