Xpra: Ticket #1136: move websockify in the xpra process
So we don't have to exec anything, then we also won't be needing the proxy instance running xpra side (which is forwarding to and from the websockify process, using 2 threads).
See also #1134.
Wed, 16 Mar 2016 06:14:47 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, milestone changed
changed from new to assigned
changed from 0.17 to 0.18
Tue, 24 May 2016 16:27:06 GMT - Antoine Martin: attachment set
set to websockify-inprocess.patch
move websockify handling in process
Tue, 24 May 2016 16:30:57 GMT - Antoine Martin:
The patch above works fine, only left todo:
html=/path/to/www and generate / detect correct path (ie: on osx, in the app bundle)
- TLS setup
- man page updates
- test tcp-proxy mode better
- use the peek function to avoid creating a whole protocol instance (and threads) if the packet header is invalid
- verify blocking sockets and timeout values
Thu, 26 May 2016 15:35:15 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Mostly done in r12688. Firefox is still having problems, but that doesn't seem to be anything new.
- bail out early on invalid packet header
Mon, 30 May 2016 12:04:46 GMT - Antoine Martin: attachment set
set to web-ssl.patch
attempts at preventing ssl from deadlocking - failed
Mon, 30 May 2016 12:11:28 GMT - Antoine Martin: owner, status changed
changed from Antoine Martin to alas
changed from assigned to new
- r12708 fixes an error with win32 servers (but win32 servers still don't support the html5 client: #1211)
- r12699 bails out early
- I give up on SSL for now - will follow up in #1213, the patch above tries to use a thread as early as possible, setting timeouts on the sockets, raising the number of sockets we create, etc.. to no avail
@afarr: the html client should be faster now
Fri, 24 Jun 2016 21:26:15 GMT - J. Max Mena:
HTML client is by far faster. It's like night and day faster now.
I'd say performance in Chrome is 90% as good as Python.
Fri, 24 Jun 2016 21:28:38 GMT - J. Max Mena: status changed; resolution set
changed from new to closed
set to fixed
Oh, sorry, I hit submit without thinking.
Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:52:22 GMT - Antoine Martin: milestone changed
changed from 0.18 to 1.0
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:15:59 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1136