Xpra: Ticket #1920: SSH server support
Using paramiko (#1646), add a
bind-ssh option and automatic upgrades of TCP sockets to wiki/SSH.
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 08:25:51 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, description changed
changed from new to assigned
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:30:59 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r19950: main code merged
- r19951: basic support for password authentication (works with sys, reject, allow, sqlite, etc)
- r19952 public key authentication
- r19954 support older clients that try to execute a complicated shell command
- r20014 + r20015 + r20017: win32 server support, load ssh host keys from platform specific locations (ie: support standard locations on win32:
- win32: generate host keys if we can't find any during installation?
- try macos servers (add platform paths for keys?)
- support more subcommands when ran from the proxy? "_proxy_start" etc?
- update wiki
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:51:23 GMT - Antoine Martin: description changed
Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:19:14 GMT - Antoine Martin: owner, status changed
changed from Antoine Martin to J. Max Mena
changed from assigned to new
Anyway, with this in place the win32 server will support ssh connections out of the box.
We don't generate host keys for the macos server. (the system has ssh host keys installed in
/private/etc, and we do support this path, but those keyfiles aren't readable by a non-root user..)
@maxmylyn: you can now connect to your xpra servers using the SSH transport, on the same port as TCP connections, or to other ports when using
Fri, 24 Aug 2018 22:40:22 GMT - J. Max Mena: status changed; resolution set
changed from new to closed
set to fixed
Played around with this for a while today - everything seems to behave nicely.
Noted and closing.
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:37:19 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1920