Playing standard mp3 with command line:
C:\Program Files\Xpra>Sound_Play.exe z:\1.mp3 loaded 8146162 bytes from z:\1.mp3 Traceback (most recent call last): File "sink.py", line 198, in <module> File "sink.py", line 172, in main File "sink.py", line 59, in __init__ IndexError: list index out of range
Odd, according to trunk, line 59 is:
decoder = decoders
But 3 lines above we check that the list is not empty:
assert len(decoders)>0, "no decoders found for %s" % codec
Assuming that somehow the assert didn't fire (not sure why), can you please post the output of:
We're looking for the matching decoders from the hard-coded MP3 default codec:
MP3 : (["lamemp3enc"], ["mad"]),
So, to be able to play mp3s, you should have
mad installed and it should show up in the gstreamer info which lists all the plugins available.
On system that I have installed your latest 8 beta 9
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xpra>GStreamer_info.exe 2013-01-21 17:36:44,459 GStreamer plugins found: bin, pipeline Press Enter to close
On System we complied ourselves:
C:\Program Files\Xpra>GStreamer_info.exe 2012-12-23 15:46:44,362 GStreamer plugins found: bin, pipeline Press Enter to close
OK, so either the gstreamer plugins aren't installed properly, or xpra isn't finding them at runtime.
Does it work if you run it on the build machine, immediately after generating the installer? (if so, it is probably a missing DLL or environment variable from the GStreamer SDK setup)
No it gives the second error of the 2 I posted.
I don't know what "the second error" is that you are referring to (there is only one stacktrace in this bug report), but in any case I don't think I have the right tools to be debugging this here: the Windows VM is waaaay too slow (by a few orders of magnitude), rdp doesn't let me use arrow keys (tedious), etc..
Anyway, since listing all the gstreamer plugins with
GStreamer_Info.exe finds almost nothing, I am pretty sure that this is just a packaging issue, and that can definitely be solved since winswitch uses almost exactly the same code and it works on win32 (ie: used by gstreamer video shadow mode) - this should be made easier by the fact that I have a dev VM setup that already works, so comparing
DLLs found therein ought to get us get there.
I meant the 2nd output in comment:3 not error my mistake. The first one is identical to the second one.
fixed in r2618
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/237