better debugging and logging tools
|Reported by:||Antoine Martin||Owned by:||Smo|
At the moment, we rely on:
- environment variables
SIGUSR2as a big on/off switch for all debug logging
We need environment variables for 2 reasons:
- some logging in the hot paths can be expensive - env vars allow us to turn that off completely
- some logging happens very early on (during class loading), before we even initialize the logging properly
- more logging granularity, so we can specify strings with "
-d" apart from the catch all "
- ability to turn logging on or off at runtime without restarting the server
- better logging messages and context
- add ability to modify the server (and maybe the client too?) via a new xpra runtime command? (maybe: "
xpra debug subsystem [on|off]")
- tune how much detail we get
- potentially get the full calling function and frame details (as per winswitch logging utility)
Change History (5)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by
|Owner:||changed from Antoine Martin to Antoine Martin|
|Status:||new → assigned|
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.