Xpra: Ticket #423: New tab in maximized browser causes window to resize to original size before maximize
Fairly easy to reproduce in Firefox or Google-Chrome.
- Open new browser (firefox or chrome)
- Click on maximize in the top right corner
- Open a new tab
- Browser returns to same size prior to maximizing
Will provide debugging info if needed.
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 17:21:51 GMT - Antoine Martin: priority, component changed; milestone set
changed from major to critical
changed from android to client
set to 0.10
Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:11:00 GMT - Antoine Martin: owner changed
changed from Antoine Martin to SmO
There are actually two bugs here:
- r4274 fixes an important bug which caused the symptoms in this bug: firefox updates its window title when we create a new tab and that drops us out of maximized state
- unfixed: we do not properly synchronize the "maximized" state between the client and server. At the moment this is only set as a client_property which is sent to the server but not used directly there: the server does not propagate this to its own model... and so as far as the server is concerned, it isn't maximized, it is just very big. Fixing this is non-trivial though.. so this will have to do for now.
Please confirm that this fixes your issue - and more importantly that it does not cause any undesired side-effects with the other metadata properties that could be affected by the change:
- window icons
- window title
Then I can apply to the 0.10.x branch asap.
Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:55:36 GMT - Smo:
It appears to have fixed the problem. Probably needs more testing to be sure but I will update when I have done so.
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 22:04:33 GMT - alas:
I can't find any side-effects with this fix. should be good to 0.10.x
Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:00:34 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from new to closed
set to fixed
Was included in 0.10.3 release - closing.
See also #518 (unrelated, but same symptoms)
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 04:55:01 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/423