Xpra: Ticket #1123: move more initialization code into server core class
This will allow us to cleanup the code somewhat and avoid issues like #1122, or at least solve them more cleanly.
The server knows if it is doing an upgrade, exit or stop - so the exit code stuff can go away too.
Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:52:22 GMT - Antoine Martin: milestone changed
changed from 0.18 to 1.0
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:59:32 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, milestone changed
changed from new to assigned
changed from 1.0 to future
Too late for this release (likely to cause tricksy bugs).
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:56:36 GMT - Antoine Martin:
This would help simplify the code used for remote ssh start: we could just start a "plain" server and let the client tell the server what it wants without using command line arguments. (better cross version compatibility)
See #1319 which does this for starting sessions via the proxy.
Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:46:14 GMT - Antoine Martin: milestone changed
changed from future to 3.0
See also #1838, #1943
Tue, 04 Sep 2018 03:28:59 GMT - Antoine Martin:
r20286 moves in this direction.
Mon, 04 Mar 2019 02:56:25 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Blocker for #2187
Tue, 07 May 2019 12:43:42 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Preparatory work in r22652.
This is really hard: we can't instantiate the server class early because it (indirectly) loads GTK and X11 bindings, and for those we need to have initialized the vfb, which requires the following components to have been initialized too:
- logging / directories creation
- uinput virtual devices
Even within those components, there are dependencies: uinput before pam, etc..
Wed, 08 May 2019 08:54:06 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r22654 + r22655: move some initialization / validation code to methods
- r22656 move vfb resizing to
- r22659 move dbus bits
- r22660 move dbus kill and property handling to server
Other undocumented rules I have (re)discovered:
- dbus before gtk3
- sockets before vfb?
Wed, 08 May 2019 11:27:07 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Thu, 09 May 2019 11:05:48 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r22666 close gtk display on exit now for all types of servers (+r22667 and r22668 fixups)
- r22669 always fsync and close the pipe when using displayfd
- r22670 + r22674: move socket cleanup code to the server
- r22671 fix
--bind-ssl socket errors on start (backport in r22672)
- r22676 ssl setup moved
- r22677 fixup dbus refactoring
- derive mdns data from socket info and move mdns setup code to server
- find a way to move display related stuff into the server class, delaying the actual bindings initialization until we have a display to connect to.. (hard)
Thu, 09 May 2019 15:09:12 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Thu, 09 May 2019 17:17:32 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
Moving the display stuff to #2294.
This will do for 3.0.
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:15:37 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1123