I'll attach a screenshot of the popup (for anyone who sees this and doesn't know what I'm talking about).
Of note, I set the global environment variable (right click on This PC>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Environment Variables)
XPRA_WIN32_PRINTER_FLAGS=LOCAL,NETWORK+SHARED+CONNECTIONS before launching the client.
Should be fixed in r12221 (suitable for backports).
Of note, I set the global environment variable..
Raising, will block the 0.16.4 which should include this fix - applied there in r12273.
If you post a 16.X build, I can verify it there as well
I spoke too soon.
(Forgot to disable SELinux)
I honestly have no idea what just happened.
And then my session kicked me and promptly keeled over, as an
xpra list showed an old session that needed to be cleaned up, and a further
xpra list showed no sessions. Weird. After restarting my session and printing the same picture, I don't see the same error.
I've tried this a few times now, and I don't see it again. I guess it was a one time thing.
@maxmylyn: done, latest 0.16.4RC and 0.17 beta builds uploaded.
2016-03-29 10:01:14,511 client request 2016-03-29 10:01:14,650 downloaded 4598121 bytes to application/pdf file for printing: 2016-03-29 10:01:14,650 C:\Users\Max\Downloads\da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709-2.pdf 2016-03-29 10:01:49,184 Unhandled error while processing a 'send-file' packet from peer using <bound method XpraClient._process_send_file of gtk2.client> 2016-03-29 10:01:49,186 File "xpra\client\client_base.pyc", line 833, in process_packet 2016-03-29 10:01:49,186 File "xpra\net\file_transfer.pyc", line 145, in _process_send_file 2016-03-29 10:01:49,186 File "xpra\net\file_transfer.pyc", line 166, in _print_file 2016-03-29 10:01:49,187 File "xpra\platform\win32\printing.pyc", line 149, in print_files
And also places a garbage .pdf in my (Local Windows) Downloads folder.
But, when I re-built my server with the 16 tagged source, printing works fine. The client prints fine without the pop-up, just not against a trunk server.
But, when I re-built my server with the 16 tagged source, printing works fine.
Passing back to you (probably for closure)
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1151