Running the r13447 Xpra 1.0 OSX beta client, I am unable to
control-c the Terminal output to detach. Upon doing so, the client hangs after printing
sound output stopping. The latest 0.17.5 (r13418) client is unaffected, and works as expected when giving a sigint.
Detaching by using
cmd+Q into any open Xpra window works as expected, and will work as a workaround in the meantime.
Update latest client revision number - didn't notice the new client because of Chrome caching. Still an issue with the r13448 client.
Typo in Trunk client version number
How did you come to the conclusion that "the client hangs"? Is it disconnected from the server? Can you run "xpra disconnect" on the server to end to make it exit? Does it still respond to clicks? Is the apple menu responsive? Could this be related to #1276? (different sound codecs? does it work without sound?) Can you get the "-d all" client output? Does hitting control-c again help?
I think I saw it during testing for #1276, but it only occurred with the problematic gdp options. Now that they are removed, I cannot reproduce this at all. In any case, r13454 may help: we try harder to force the sound subprocess to exit. (untested since the problem no longer seems to occur)
The terminal window after siginting
Retested with an ogg container - still an issue. Will attach another screenshot. (I also filled out the comment field here, but never actually clicked submit. My bad.
Re-test same effect with ogg container
xpra disconnectfrom the server
xpra detachon the server puts me in the same state - hung terminal output and lingering Xpra logo in dock.
I've tried hard to reproduce and I just cannot get it to misbehave. Please try to narrow it down from the beta versions, when did it start? Does it affect all OSX versions? Does sound matter (turn it off), clipboard, etc? Failing all this, a gdb backtrace of the stuck process could help.
I've tried hard to reproduce and I just cannot get it to misbehave.
In any case, r13454 may help: we try harder to force the sound subprocess to exit. (untested since the problem no longer seems to occur)
It looks like that's the one that fixed it - I was waiting on a new beta build (I thought I left that info in a comment, I guess it must have slipped through) to test as the (then) current version was r13451 that did not include the fix. The current r13478 build exits immediately, unlike the earlier builds which hung.
The latest changes you included definitely fixed the issue, so I'm going to mark this as fixed. If you'd like me to bi-sect and/or turn off features one by one, re-open this - But, since it's not hanging anymore I don't feel it's necessary as it's fixed.
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1292