Xpra: Ticket #1552: nvenc SDK v8
Version 8 is available for download.
The existing "nvenc7" codec compiles against it just fine.
- rename the codec to just "nvenc" and use versioned checks with pkg-config.
- check for new useful API extensions we can use
- try to fix ticket:1260#comment:16 (especially now that the problem also occurs on other cards: ticket:1550#comment:4)
- update the buildbot
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 10:47:27 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed
changed from new to assigned
Interesting things found in the SDK 8 headers:
- encode from an opengl texture (
NV_ENC_DEVICE_TYPE_OPENGL): could save us a lot of processing if we can stay on the GPU (#365)
NV_ENC_MEMORY_HEAP should not be used any more (maybe the alternative will fix the lockups?)
- better "Long Term Reference" frames: could be used to send the whole window (including widgets, etc) encoded with lossless quality?
- sps / pps changes: meh
- "Motion Estimation" structures: meh
NV_ENC_PIC_PARAMS_HEVC can now be used
So not a lot there.
r16083 renames the codec to "nvenc" and uses versionned pkgconfig checks.
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 13:51:52 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
- r16084 API additions (commented out)
This will do for now, the API fix will be tracked in #1550.
Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:23:29 GMT - Antoine Martin:
r16444 fixes RGB upload mode, so r16446 enables it by default again.
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:10:52 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- with NVFBC (#1317), the pixel buffers were bigger than the pixel contents, so r16456 sliced them to the right size for the device upload - but r16457 makes this redundant: the right place to fix this was in the CUDA image wrapper since the buffers are used elsewhere and we can't just go around and fix them all - this change is kept in place because the slicing should be (almost) free with numpy arrays
- r16455: disable RGB mode on win32, no idea why it doesn't work "an API argument is invalid" error...
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:27:27 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1552