Xpra: Ticket #169: move client capabilities flags to server source
this will make it easier to support multiple clients and is the right place for them
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:00:39 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, summary changed
changed from new to accepted
changed from move client capabilities flags to server source to move client capabilities flags to server source - support multiple clients
part1 done in r1365 (many details in changelog)
Now we can much more easily / think about:
- move most of
ServerSource, mmap bits, flags, etc
- move towards supporting many instances of
ServerSource at once, each with a different
protocol instance, with a way for clients to request damage data for themselves alone (will be tricky to avoid the
acknowledge_changes only when needed..)
- start thinking about how to handle map/configure events: ignore messages from slaves? focus applies. unmap should be forwarded to the others.. move/resize? these will be hard!
- start thinking about sharing encoders/output: if two clients use the same video encoding... hard to do if we have varying framerates as we should!
- identify each client, how? (for logging, xpra info, etc)
- keyboard will be extremely difficult: if layouts are different, we need to set all of them (and run out of keycodes?), when keys are pressed/unpressed and conflict... what do we do?
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:03:45 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, summary changed; resolution set
changed from accepted to closed
set to fixed
changed from move client capabilities flags to server source - support multiple clients to move client capabilities flags to server source
More in r1407, this is enough for this ticket, will follow up in #41 which is the original ticket for "multiple clients".
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 04:47:24 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/169