After upgrading from xpra version 1.0.10-r18414-1 to 1.0.11-r19007-1, I found that there seems to be an undefined function, get_util_logger, at line 269 in file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xpra/os_util.py .
def load_binary_file(filename): if not os.path.exists(filename): return None try: with open(filename, "rb") as f: return f.read() except Exception as e: get_util_logger().warn("Warning: failed to load '%s':", filename) get_util_logger().warn(" %s", e) return None
Details: The host is running Ubuntu-14.04 Linux, 64-bit
This error should only occur when the filename specified exists but cannot be read - which should be quite rare. (and also why I didn't hit it when I tested)
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1807