Xpra: Ticket #1825: multi window nvfbc
Split from ticket:1801#comment:5.
It should be possible to use a single nvfbc capture instance for multiple monitors and just adjust the buffer offsets.
Mon, 30 Apr 2018 19:08:02 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed
changed from new to assigned
Basic support added in r19137.
- capture only once for all monitors
- handle suspend + resume without closing capture
- fix segfault when we make the buffer copy narrower (smaller dst_pitch) - waste of GPU RAM, but not a huge problem since we don't copy more than we need
- keep track of cuda buffers we allocate and prevent memory overcommit somehow - re-use buffers?
- when shutting down, free the buffer so we don't try to use it after the cuda context is destroyed
- support multi-window mode in the "sys" backend
- nvenc is not used in some cases? (dual 4k too large for nvenc if dimension is miscalculated: individual windows can be encoded at 4k)
Tue, 01 May 2018 12:10:44 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
- r19138: capture only once for all monitors
- r19145: use correct image wrapper dimensions: fixes crash when copying also fixes nvenc not being used, keep track of image wrappers to avoid using cuda context after we clean it up
- r19146: narrower buffer copy
- r19147: "sys" backend support
Tue, 01 May 2018 15:22:28 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Detected a memory leak during testing for #1823.
Only occurs with nvfbc CUDA buffers and nvenc.
Downloading to system memory before re-uploading to a CUDA buffer with
XPRA_NVENC_GPU_MEMCOPY=0 (introduced in r19151) does not help.
Using a non-nvfbc source for video does not leak either.
r19153 fixes this but I'm not 100% sure why that is. The image wrapper method was being called before this change, just maybe not from the right thread or not with the correct CUDA context.
Wed, 02 May 2018 09:12:05 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r19160: correct fix for the GPU memory leak
- r19157: don't call damage if nvfbc tells us the pixels have not changed
- r19159: better cuda cleanup
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:40:42 GMT - Antoine Martin:
The shadow pointer shown on the client may be at the wrong location in 2.3, this is fixed in 2.4: r19603.
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:34:46 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1825