Xpra: Ticket #1952: use content-type hint for better encoding selection and tuning
See #1950: we should try to use the content-type hint more when selecting an encoding.
- lower lossless threshold for "text", increase it for "video".
- prefer "webp" when we have a content type hint since this is only encoder to actually take this hint into account during compression
Sun, 09 Sep 2018 16:28:43 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed
changed from new to assigned
See also ticket:1951#comment:1, as of r20366 "video" content-type will trigger more video-scaling.
Mon, 10 Sep 2018 11:40:02 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r20375: better tuning for 'text' and 'video' content-type
- r20374: allows us to set the default content-type:
XPRA_DEFAULT_CONTENT_TYPE=text xpra start ..
- r20376 + r20383: avoid using rgb for large areas (512 KPixels or more) unless speed is at 100%
- r20392: use 'grain' x264 tune setting for text content
Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:02:52 GMT - Antoine Martin: status changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
Fri, 02 Nov 2018 12:11:58 GMT - Antoine Martin:
See also #2022, #2023
Fri, 02 Nov 2018 12:39:11 GMT - Antoine Martin:
r20911: try harder to honour video content-type
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 07:35:37 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Many more updates in r25902.
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:38:11 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1952