Xpra: Ticket #1990: debian python3-xpra packaging
Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:13:51 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, description changed
changed from new to assigned
Done in r20693, tested on Ubuntu 18.10 and Debian Stretch.
Maybe split the html5 client too?
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:03:13 GMT - Antoine Martin:
Lots of packaging pain: r20724 + r20725, r20722, r20702
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 07:54:16 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r20732 build-depends goes it main section
- r20733 + r20734 remove ugly strip hack, workaround man page opaque dh automagic failures
/usr/bin/xpra* scripts use python2.. ideally we should replace them with a shell script and run python2 or python3 based on which version is installed - the same problem applies to RPM packaging
- same for the various utility scripts (cups forwarder, etc): we don't care which python version is used for those - but we have to specify one?
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:29:20 GMT - Antoine Martin:
(dh: what a mazy steaming pile...)
No amount of contortions would make dh do the right thing. It always ended up bundling some icons or systemd file in the
xpra package instead of
xpra-common, so r20735 (+r20739 fixup) gives up the battle and puts those files there.
xpra is now what
xpra-common was meant to be: icons, html5 client, systemd files, etc
As for the scripts, r20736 (+r20738) removes
xpra_browser (saves us a man page to maintain) and r20737 tries the other python interpreter if we fail to import xpra with the current (ie default) one.
- man page handling - currently replaced by a find command
- check dependencies and test installation on all supported platforms (esp xenial)
- split html5 (easy?)
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 18:35:38 GMT - Antoine Martin:
- r20740 splits the html5 client
- dependencies tested OK
Sun, 28 Oct 2018 17:51:32 GMT - Antoine Martin: status, description changed; resolution set
changed from assigned to closed
set to fixed
- #2007 use os background image - lots of packaging updates related to that too
- #853 python3 server support - in progress
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:39:11 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1990