Xpra: Ticket #2537: failed upgrades should preserve sockets
We currently delete the previous server sockets and if the upgrade fails then we are left with no sockets..
Not easy to solve.
- pass sockets from the old server to the new one with sendfd - would require connecting to the old server using unix-domain-sockets, which may not be possible or require authentication, but this would allow us to preserve all the different sockets
- delay creating sockets until we have taken over the display - but if we fail to create them, then we will have to exit and leave the vfb running?
- temporarily move them out of the way, and move them back if we fail - easier?
- backwards and forwards compatibility
- request clients to re-connect? (to the same address only?)
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:53:57 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/2537