Xpra: Ticket #2644: Question multi-user html5
I have the following use case:
- Multiple users (clients) shall be able to run a specific program P on a remote server
- Each user gets its own instance of P (so P is started multiple times on the server)
- The users connect via web-browser (html5) with their username and password
At the moment I solved it by creating separate linux user accounts and launching multiple instances of xpra-html5 under each of these accounts on different display and tcp (wss) ports. However I wonder if there is a better option, because I have some stability problems with the X-servers and maybe I am using xpra the wrong way.
My questions are:
- Is my current solution the preferred one in this situation?
- Might the xpra proxy be useful to me?
- How could multiple user logins/passwords be handled by a single xpra instance?
PS: Im using the latest ppa version. Also I could not find a proper type for this ticket, please change it to something else.
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 21:44:21 GMT - peter0914: status changed; resolution set
changed from new to closed
set to fixed
Sorry I think wiki/ProxyServer answers all my questions.
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:56:55 GMT - migration script:
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/2644