System: Windows 8.1 no special configuration (ie Windows Firewall, Windows Defender and Drivers) Lenovo Touch U430
I have nothing else to report as I tried to add the debugger but only got info that the process does exit with exit code 255. This problem seems to be there on all versions I tested from https://www.xpra.org/dists/windows/
What is going on? What else should I do? Is there a debugging binary I can try to use?
Confirmed, you can help us by figuring out when this regression occurred, it certainly used to work before. This only affects Vista onwards, and is probably related to file write access somewhere.
Note to drag0on: you can't have tried that many versions, I went far back based on the assumption that you had:
I have rebuilt 0.10.12 with this patch on top and uploaded it: http://xpra.org/dists/windows/Xpra_Setup_0.10.12-r5199.exe
Closing - let me know if you still have problems.
Wow I was pretty sure that I tried Xpra_Setup_0.10.0-r4168.exe as it is in my Downloads folder, but after trying again you are right and this version is working. The given installer (Xpra_Setup_0.10.12-r5199.exe) is also working fine, thank you
this ticket has been moved to: https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/497